Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Redneck Riviera where the sand is white as snow...


Sands of Dauphin Island, one of the coolest places on earth(to me:)

I came across these lyrics from a old news article, the man that wrote it is
Madison (Shine) Powell, 40, a former marine biologist turned country-music performer, who with Norma Donaldson now runs a Gulf Shores restaurant called Sam 'n Shine's
not sure if that place is still there or if Shine is still there but I liked the words so there you have it. :)

"It suits my taste, this laid-back place but it ain't no Monaco .
It's souvenirs and ice-cold beers where blue Gulf waters flow.
We got redneck bars and football stars who would rather drink than fight.
It's Alabam', where we give a damn about magnolia summer nights.
It's easy style and a friendly smile to lift you when you're low.
That's the Redneck Riviera where the sand is white as snow..."


I can't wait to take a 3 hour ride and sit beside the ocean and let the waves take over my soul and spirit.
Until then, Peace, love, ocean waves and white sand!
Danny

Hope you will someday find your Kokomo

No comments:

Post a Comment